2.18.2009

Rosie Magazine



I just have to take a moment to giggle at the downfall of McCall's Magazine. I'm so glad that Rosie was mentioned in Chelsea's presentation yesterday. Celebrities make me laugh how they feel if they feel the need to put their branding on everything. How many actors-turned-singers, or vice versa, have their own perfume or clothing line? Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton are just a few that come to mind. Now Rosie tries to have her own publication but knows nothing about how to make a magazine successful. Success in the industry is definitely not defined by Rosie posing with a celebrity on every cover -- no good. So the real question is what did she do wrong? O magazine and Everyday With Rachel Ray seem to be doing just fine. Perhaps it's the name branded to the publication. How many people love Rosie O'Donnell? I don't think she's as admired as Oprah and Rachel Ray.

2 comments:

  1. I love how Rosie thinks her hand surgery is worth the cover of her magazine...or wait...maybe it is, as i'm sure the other content is great. So maybe it WAS the best story they could come up with for the cover, and obviously they chose the best photo of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rosie, rosie, rosie.

    Speaking of Rachael Ray, I think she's trying to up her game against Giada...while simultaneously lowering her neckline. She was spotted on a late-night Food Network episode with cleav down to the middle of her sternum. I know you were dying for that update.

    I love the new balloons. I think they fit the mood of T/F better than the originals, but still offer a bit of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete