2.04.2009

cover redesign


With my redesign I decided to use my same head and deck because I thought it was clever and explained enough about the story without being overly literal. I kept the idea of musicians being heard in movies and TV and showing that visually, but this time I changed it to emulate a DVD menu. The little option box pops up on the side for the viewer to select, and in this instance one of the features is "newest small-name band." I think that this visually is more attractive; however, I know there is always room for improvement. It does look a little more Vox though.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, your head and dek were worth keeping! And I like the way that the background illustration is simple enough to really let the words do the talking (haha). The image also has that lovely "grunge" feel that is so distinctly "indie"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this redesign. It has that dark, grunge feel to it and I think it's perfect for the idea of bands selling their own work. I'm glad you kept the head and dek. I liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this redesign..and the "screen and heard" --two words that really sum it all up. Also, I love the "bonus features," thing...but maybe it would be fun to make those the other sell lines? I think Vox gets boring with those, so it may be a neat way to incorporate them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete