2.25.2009

Oh, Balls! - Short Talk designs



So this week I had my very first experience with short talk. I think it went pretty well. I decided to change up "It Figures" by doing some inverted numbers and really playing with the layout. That section can be so boring and repetitive (much like most of short talk). I'm happy with how it turned out. I was excited because I came up with "Twictionary" and the blurb for that sidebar, which I thought was clever so hopefully they decided to keep that. 

3 comments:

  1. oh balls! haha; check out tomorrow's cover - there is a reference to your ball blurbs in short talk!
    I really like the way you inverted the numbers in the department; it looks really cool. The first week I had to do by the numbers and I was give a horizontal space so it was really hard to find a smooth reading pattern with all small sections, but yours turned out really great. Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey, first of all, I think you and I were tanning at the same place at the same time Tuesday. I saw your name on the sign-in sheet right above mine. Second of all, even though I don't love the sell line on the cover about the issue having balls, I do like that it teases your page and will get people to look at the cool way you worked that It Figures piece. Very nice. I liked your stuff for Renovation Style as well. You have a bright and fun design style, and it came out in your work. I think the real Renovation Style needs some of that funness, and you will be a great representative of that for your team. Love, Meredith (the TA, not the project.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was a funny way to bring people to this page. It makes everyone giggle and it was definitely good for the Vox voice I think. I like the numbers on the it figures page and it looks fun. Good job this week!

    ReplyDelete