1.27.2009

"You can't miss" scrapbooking ideas for inspiration

At Walmart tonight, on a normal shopping adventure I stumbled upon this magazine Easy Techniques for Fun & Funky Paper Projects. A bit of a long name, I know, but they have some really cool scrapbooking ideas. I realize that typically scrapbooking is seen as a woman's hobby, but the more I though about it, the more I realized it applies to what we learn in design -- how the elements and principles of art work together to create something beautiful. I thought that looking at scrapbook ideas might just be one source of inspiration for our own designs: color schemes, layering techniques, shapes, lines, etc. The magazine itself is a small niche publication but it offers some very intriguing designs and tips. 

This particular issue included working with grids and layering, among other things. I realize the bold, often child-like quality of scrapbook pages don't always fit with magazine design, but I figured, as designers, we can gain inspiration from anything. Check out the mag's corresponding website. Their idea gallery has some cool ideas to steal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment